View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:07 am

Advertisement

GS Hobby

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 NO PLAN, Very Simple Problem..... 
Novice / Rookie
Novice / Rookie

Post NO PLAN, Very Simple Problem.....
:( Really? What we have here is a complete lack of communication.

This awesome track is going unused because there is no plan. If there is a plan that guy is keeping it a secrete :P

I understand weather and such, but it seems like no thought is put into promoting the track. Posting info a day or two out is killing the turnout we could be having.

If I were planing a birthday party and I sent invitations out the day before this party it would surely be a failure. People would think, "Wow I guess they didn't expect us to have other plans." Or, "There is no time to have lunch at Grandma's house, get a present and then we wont enjoy the party after rushing to get there late."

An old RC Vet like me might think this way, "Wish I had known sooner so I could have adjusted my family time, soldered new connectors on my ebuggy, changed diff oil and replaced my leaking shock seals. Well, I don't see the point in rushing, that's just stressful and takes the fun out of it. Maybe next time."

New guy who just started racing and spent $600-$1000 to race might think this; "Heck, maybe its time to sell out and find something more fun to do that I can do more often." This is a reality and running off the new blood fast! The list goes on.....

Like most people, I make plans for the weekend long before the weekend gets here. You say you are looking for racers, but that's not what the rest of us are seeing.

If you are truly looking for racers please start posting info about practice and races several days in advance. Even better, post a schedule of races. Anything you provide so the racers have time to prep and make plans around family time would be a huge step in the right direction. You might say what about the weather? Make a PLAN for that.......

I hope this was constructive criticism. I have no reason to make anyone mad. As for Me, I'm just disappointed.

Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:09 am
Expert
Expert

Post Re: NO PLAN, Very Simple Problem.....
LAST RACE WE HAD 20 ENTRIES WE ARE DOING FINE .HAVING TO WORK AROUND THE WEATHER . WE ARE PLANNING TO RACE THIS WEEKEND BUT WEATHER IS NOT LOOKING GOOD.

Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:33 pm
Novice / Rookie
Novice / Rookie

That might look like good numbers for spectators, but we need 8-10 entries in every class to make it a good race for drivers. An Expert Class and a Sportsman Class would be nice for the newer guys or the old slow guys like me :)

Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:04 pm
Expert
Expert

Here is the problem! Last race we had 19 entries. We only had 12 drivers!!! Here is the problem not enough drivers ( support of the track). I love to see more racers but they are just not here. I am trying to start a sportsman class. Talked to Hobbytown which is the only hobby shop in town. No response back on that at all. So where do get more drivers? I am open for suggestions.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:10 am
Novice / Rookie
Novice / Rookie

Well, I have a lot of suggestions. First, let me explain what I'm experiencing over the past two years. I have had about 10 new guys contact me since November. Average is 15 a year. They find me on RCtech, RCsignup or through other people. I'm sure many of the guys from the track meet others looking for a track as well.

Anyway, some are new to RC and some are moving here from other states. All want to race and practice. So first thing they ask, is there a track to practice on and where is it located. Then, what day is the track open? I tell them to check FB and RCO then contact track owner. Then we talk about the park, BMX track and the new track that might open up soon. Out of those 10 people 4 might call Otto and 3 show up for a race or two. Maybe 1 will stay with it. A month or so passes since they called me and 2 make contact to sell out their RC gear they never use. I never hear back from the others.

With the info abouve and feedback from these guys, I do have ideas that could help grow numbers and help current racers attend more races.

1. Post scheduled race dates for year. It can be changed and updated as needed. Spring, Summer and Fall.

Expected Results: This shows people who see info about the track on FB and RCO that we have a continous race program that they can make plans for. Instills confidence that if they invest in buying a car they will have a place to use it on a regular basis. A hand full of pratice days on the schedule would help.

2. Post classes and a few rules. Keep it simple. Add that any 4 cars that show up to make a class will race.

Expected Results: This gives racers a guidline to get the right car, lipo and such before they show up with a 1/5th scale.

3. Identify classes that are popular and a safe bet to always race and not fade away. You are doing this ***

Expected Result: Gives racers an oportunity to show up with legal rigs that we are racing. Also helps to prevent them from buying the wrong car, NITRO MONSTER TRUCK, leaving no funds to get another rig to race.

4. Write a small paragraph about the track and the family that run these races.
Expected Result: The long history of the track lends credability and provides a secured sense that it's not going anywhere.

5. Race a points series for each segment of the schedule Spring, Summer or Fall. Maybe one dedicated to 1/10 scale such as 2wd buggy, 4wd buggy and 2wd short course.

Expected Result: Gives racers a new outlook on the track and a chance to try something new for a few weeks.
You could decide one segment such as Summer is always 1/10 scale such as 2wd buggy, 4wd buggy and 2wd short course.

I'm sure I left out other ideas that would help, but this stuff would be a great starting pint. Hope it helps

Mon May 01, 2017 12:36 am
Expert
Expert

What classes have a good turnout? I'd like to run a couple classes this summer. I'm interested in SC and 2wd buggy. What tires are hot now? May have a couple guys for sportsman too. My laps system?

Wed May 03, 2017 10:02 pm
Expert
Expert

THE BIGGEST CLASSES SO FOR HAVE BEEN 1/8 E BUGGY AND 4WD SHORTCOURSE AND E TRUGGY. HOPING THAT 1/10 CLASSES WILL PICK UP. TIRES PROLINE HOLE SHOTS ANY SMALL - TIRES.

Thu May 04, 2017 3:53 pm
Expert
Expert

AMB AND MY LAPS. TWO WIRE ONLY NO THREE WIRE . WE HAVE HAND OUT TRANSPONDERS . ON TIRES SMALL - TIRES WORK BEST.

Last bumped by otto on Sun May 21, 2017 10:46 pm.

Sun May 21, 2017 10:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]